:Tenders for the provision of local bus service L1 and TrawsCymru™ bus service T1.
Carmarthenshire County Council
Technical Services Department, Carmarthenshire County Council, Parc Myrddin
SA31 1HQ Carmarthen
Further information can be obtained from: Internet address: http://www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: Internet address: http://www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: Internet address: http://www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Service category No 2: Land transport services , including armoured car services, and courier services, except transport of mail
Main place of performance: The County of Carmarthenshire and Ceredigionshire.
NUTS code UKL14
The T1 service forms a key part of the TrawsCymru™ network, which is funded and controlled by the Welsh Government. The contract will form a key part of a statutory quality partnership scheme which sets out the context for the service and the key quality standards expected of the service. The TrawsCymru™ services form a key part of the Welsh strategic national transport network, and as such will be provided with high quality services meeting key minimum service standards determined by the Welsh Government. This tender and the quality requirements for the service are based closely on the TrawsCymru™ network core brand values. The TrawsCymru™ service T1 forms part of a statutory quality partnership scheme, and the contract terms and conditions for the service are commensurate with the quality standards set out in the statutory quality partnership scheme.
The Welsh Government has appointed Carmarthenshire County Council to manage the contract for the TrawsCymru™ service on its behalf. The TrawsCymru™ service T1 is to be provided in accordance with the specification and terms and conditions of contract which are included in the invitation to tender document.
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
Description of these options: There will be a possible extension for a period of 1 year, subject to agreement by both parties.
Candidates will be required to provide evidence as specified in Article 47 and 48 of Directive 2004/18/EC.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders yes
Officers of Carmarthenshire County Council.
Estimated timing for further notices to be published:
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): Wales Government Local Transport Subsidy Grant and Wales Government revenue support.
To assist you in locating these opportunities on the BRAVO E Procurement System the project code is: project_21640.
As this is an open procedure, tenderers must ensure that all ITT questions are fully responded to. The following ITT project codes may further assist you in locating the opportunities:
ITT Code: itt_34209.
Please also ensure you check the "Attachments" area for any documents/ information which may assist you with your submission or you are required to upload as part of your submission as per information contained within the tender pack.
Suppliers instructions how to express interest in this tender:
1. Register your company on the etenderwales portal (this is only required once):
- Browse to the eSourcing portal: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk,- Click the "Suppliers register here" link,
- Enter your correct business and user details,
- Note the username you chose and click "Save" when complete,
- You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure),
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click "continue".
2. Express an interest in the project:
- Login to the portal with the username/password,
- Click the "ITTs Open to All Suppliers" link (these are invitation to tender documents open to any registered supplier),
- Click on the relevant ITT to access the content,
- Click the "Express Interest" button at the top of the screen,
- This will move the ITT into your "My ITTs" page (this is a secure area reserved for your projects only),
- Click on the ITT code, you can now access any attachments by clicking the "Buyer Attachments" on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Responding to the tender:
- At the top of the screen you can choose to "Create Response" or "Decline to Respond" (please give a reason if declining),
- You can now use the "Messages" function on to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification,
- Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the ITT,
- There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available).
If you require any further assistance use the online help, or the BravoSolution help desk is available Monday - Friday (8:00am - 6:00pm) on:
- Email: ,- Phone: +44 8003684850/ fax: +44 2070800480.
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to:
Carmarthenshire County Council will be conducting this procurement exercise through the Value Wales e-Tendering portal. This can be found at www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk, all information may be downloaded and returned though this channel.Support available / how to tender workshop:
Support in completing the tender process can be provided by the supplier development service (delivered by The Chamber for Business and Social Action on behalf of the Welsh Government) and can be accessed free of charge.
A "How to Tender Workshop" will be held for all interested parties on Tuesday 25.10.2011 at:
The Ivy Bush Hotel, Carmarthen.
For further information & to register your interest, please contact Helen Evans on +44 1554779914 or email who will be happy to help you in preparing your bid.Buy4Wales reference number: 27606.